Sunday, June 10, 2012

Colors and Questions

You all want a post that does not involve celebrity photos or Stargate SG-1? No to the former, yes to the latter, right? Just goes to prove you cannot please everyone. It get worse. This is a housekeeping post.

I have been experimenting with the link colors as of late. My restless soul needs to change blog colors as often as Dennis Rodman needs to die his hair. I canned the bright blue a while back in favor of what I had hoped would turn out to be a reddish brown, but wound up so violet as to be nearly pink. That would not do. I settled on that copper color for a couple weeks, but it just did not contrast enough. If you do not already know, I feel more comfortable reading high contrast colors on a dark background. Every website run by me is going to be black, grey, or some other dark color. That does not make much difference to readers, but trying to find colors to go with it does. The effort is tougher when you factor in how fickle I am when it comes to design.

White text is a given on a black background. I have played with various codes to make text ecru or eggshell, but you can hardly tell any difference. The issue is finding a light color for links that con contrast with black while still standing out among white text. Aesthetics makes the task tougher than you might think. Light reds and purples come across as shades of pink. Yellow is gaudy in just about any shades. Orange is out. I cannot explain how a good Gamecock has Clemson Tiger colors on his blog. I am not a big fan of green. What is left is various shades of brown and blue. Copper did not work out for me, so I am back to playing with blue.

The current color is a blue-green combo even though I am not a green fan. I like it so far, but the paint is not even dry yet, metaphorically speaking. But it is more high contrast to me than the copper. The greenish tone does not offend my sensibilities as much as I thought it might, but we shall see when and if my mind changes. the bottom line is the eye is in a state of flux.

The rest of this post has to do with three points related to form spring.

First, sometime last week, form spring apparently decided not to allow its widget to be edited. As I mentioned above, I like black backgrounds and light colored text/links. The widget was white text on a black background. I have done everything I know to do, from editing the colors on the blog directly to going back to form spring in order to get another widget and edit it there. Change the code, but it does not matter. form spring wants its widgets uniform colors. The current design clashes with the rest of The eye, but what can I do?

Second, several forms ringers have written in to complain a Sarah Shahi photo posted a couple weeks back is her head Photoshopped on another women’s body. I could not care less. If it bugs you that much, you must live a charmed life. Count your many blessings the Photoshop of a half-naked pretty girl on some random blog is the biggest thing you have to complain about.

Finally, some others are complaining about capitalization on links in the Blogroll Spotlight. More precisely, there are complaints I am being shoddy with the capitalization. I loathe feeding the trolls who get their panties in a wad over typos due to my visual problems and one-and -half handed typing skills, but let me clear this one up. I curt and paste the links as written on the blogs from which they are taken, so the links respect the style of the blog from which it came. I will confess I am saving myself typing time by doing it this way, but it preserves the original headline as a bonus. Jab me about it if you so desire, but I am preserving original intent.

That about covers it from my end. Feel free to comment in anything. I am open to insight if ya got it. But only if ya got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment