Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Formspring Question #367--Linsane in the Membrane Edition

What's your take on Linsanity? There was more flap over the ESPN racist headline mistake than the Penn State scandal.
I could not care less about basketball, but i am curious how Lin got into Harvard business school with a 3.1 GPA as an undergrad. I remember back in the days when I was looking at law schools, Harvard Law demanded a 3.8 and near perfect LSAT score just to be considered one of the 7% of applicants accepted. surely the business school is just as picky?

No, I never had any delusions of getting into Harvard law, lest anyone start snickering. I was satisfying curiosity by looking at the stats of entering classes at every accredited law school in the country.

Who ever made that ESPN headline with the unintentional racist slur was just dumb, but I cannot say the headline got more attention than the Penn State scandal. I pay very little attention to sports journalism outside of baseball news, so i am not the person to weigh in on the matter. Sports and music journalism are such isolated worlds, they are hard to take seriously when real world issues creep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment