Saturday, February 25, 2012

Formspring Question #370--As the Stargate Turns Edition

Are you going to cover any of the behind the scenes drama at Stargate SG-1 like you have for other shows? Michael Shanks requested the abrupt wrap up for the Sha're storyline because he and his girlfriend Vaitiare Bandera were splitting up. You did nt mention it.
I was not aware of it. The only drama associated with Stargate SG-1 I am aware of is the tangent matter of Farscape fandom’s insistence their show was cancelled in order for Sci Fi to make production money available for Stargate SG-1. To add insult to injury, Ben Browder and Claudia Black were added to the Stargate SG-1 cast. The drum und strang played out in 2005 when I was uninterested in both shows, so I paid only enough attention to keep friends who liked the shows happy. I am still not well versed, but I obviously cannot skip the controversy when the time comes.

By all accounts, the cast and crew had a happy relationship in which everyone got along well. Even Michael Shanks departure over his character’s direction was apparently smoothed over without lasting negative consequences.. I think there was a fair amount of grumbling more moment went to special effects than cast salaries, but that should not surprise anyone. Who does not complain about the amount of money they make?

I am willing to concede there are dirty little tiff to be mentioned that are unknown to me as a newbie. I am finding out new stuff all the time, like Gates McFadden’s claims of sexual harassment against Maurice Hurley, that I would have worked into reviews for past shows had I known. I have been quite open about the disgruntled attitudes of David Duchovny and Robert Beltran. If any fan can shed light on anything I have missed, feel free to offer it up. Not just smrar jobs, though. Just something to fill in the blanks. There is no sense in smacking around those associated with a series I am currently enjoying just to be a troll.

Stargate: Atlantis is a far different story when it comes to behind the scenes drama. We will cross that when and if it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment