Friday, April 13, 2012

Formspring Question #393--Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy Edition

I think you will like Ba’al. He is played smarter and more self-aware than the other Goa’uld. Unlike, say, Apophis or Hathor who are so full of melodrama and really believe they’re gods. Who is your favorite villain so far?
I have gotten the vibe Ba’al is one of the most popular antagonists.

As far as Goa’uld go, I have liked the minor players more than the big baddies like Apophis and Cronus. Sarah Gardner/Osiris is a favorite because of her origin makes me nostalgic for some of the more creative comic book super villains. Tanith deserved a long life to establish himself as a major player. That is mostly because Peter wingfield is one of my favorite character actors.

The Replicators are nifty non-Goa’uld recurring villains. I am apprehensive they are going to be watered down with each subsequent appearance like the Borg were. Surprise me, Stargate SG-1.

If I have to choose an overall favorite, it would be Sokar. Here is a guy who could have chosen the style and function of any entity from Earth’s pantheon and he chose Satan. Maybe it my my continuing rebellion from my long ago Bob Jones University influenced education, but that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment