Saturday, March 10, 2012

Formspring Question #375--Breitbart's Cause Edition

Was Andrew Breitbart right about the media being the enemy?
When I hear some one say such and such is the enemy, I mentally replace “the” with “my” and run with it. People like Andrew Breitbart who tend to narrow their focus and lose perspective. I do not necessarily consider that a bad thing, particularly when one has the attitude like Breitbart in that everyone is fighting their own, equally important battle which deserves its own deep dedication.

I have encountered plenty of people who believe Satan is the enemy, or progressives, or feminists, or abortionists, or secular humanists, or jihadis...what have you. Understand hese people are waging personal crusades against an enemy they perceive to be the biggest threat and appreciate the crusade for what it is worth. Time is limited, so one can only pee on so many fires.

Breitbart was a conservative in the progressive filled media. Of course his perspective was the media is the (his) enemy. That is what he knew. Was he right? He was right to consider the media his enemy and take up the metaphorical sword against it. He certainly proved progressive media is not a friend to those who agree with Breitbart, so he certainly proved it is an enemy.

Whether it is the enemy is subjective. I am inclined to think there are worse adversaries out there, but I decline to name any suspects that might top the list. I am not arrogant enough to proclaim my enemies are the enemy. Because there is always someone besides me, battle scarred and world weary, who believes I have no perspective. He may be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment