Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Formspring Question #389--Law & Order Edition

Do you watch any of the Law & Order shows?
My mother was a fan of the original series back when Jerry Orbach played Lenny. I used to watch reruns with her back in 200-01 before I moved to Virginia. The series was too formulaic to become engrossed in, but I did not think it was bad. Then again, I have not felt compelled to watch it in eleven years, so it did not stick with me, either.

I have watched some episodes of Special Victims Unit on the USA Network. They are still formulaic, but there is some entertainment value with casting. The big one being Ice T, famous/notorious for “cop Killer,” playing a new York City detective who specializes in sex crimes, but do not dismiss the number of big stars who come on to play weirdoes, perverts, and rapists for an episode. Jeremy Irons was a recovering sex addict not too long ago. Alfred Molina played a computer nerd whose mother, played Angela Lansbury, continued treating him like a baby. Is the money running low for those three, or what?

All these are syndicated reruns. I do not care enough to watch new, prime time episodes. The alleged progressive preaching is not a factor, by the way. The franchise just is not all that creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment